The songs in the songbook are divided into what are called "Classified Groupings." Mixed Voice Songs, Interchangeable Songs, Hymns and Carols, Unison Songs, and Song Texts.
The book starts with the patriotic songs and I liked those the most probably because everyone sang the loudest on those songs. My favorite song was Battle Hymn of the Republic.
Here are some of the songs (there are 128 pages) to give you a flavor of what we grew up singing.
The usual patriotic songs
The Christmas carols
Yankee Doodle
Dixie
Old Folks at Home
Old Black Joe
My Old Kentucky Home
Oh! Susanna
Home Sweet Home
For He's a Jolly Good Fellow
When You and I were Young, Maggie
Good -Bye My Lover Good -Bye
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
Some Folks Do
Billy Boy
Little Brown Church in the Vale
Scotland's Burning (round)
Nobody Knows the Trouble I See
Three Blind Mice
O My Darling Clementine
Man's Life's a Vapor
Go Down, Moses
Santa Lucia
Row Your Boat
Carry Me Back to Old Virginny
I've Been Working on the Railroad
Bring the Wagon Home, John
Oh, Eveline
There's Music in the Air
You Tell me Your Dream, I'll Tell You Mine
Aura Lee
On a Chinese Honeymoon
Dinah, Won't you Blow
De Camptown Races
The Old Gray Mare
Home on the Range
Down in the Valley
Red River Valley
My Bonnie
The Quilting Party
Goodnight Ladies
Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here
Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow
Holy, Holy, Holy
Now the Day is Over
Faith of our Fathers
Cielito Lindo
Beautiful Dreamer
Didn't my Lord Deliver Daniel?
Ezekiel Saw De Wheel
All God's Chillun Got Wings
Are You Sleeping"
Little Annie Rooney
Daisy Bell
Oh, Dem Golden Slippers
Loch Lomond
La Cucaracha
She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain
Funiculli, Funicula
Blow The Man Down
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
The More We Get Together
When the Bees are in the Hive
The Rose of Tralee
The Merry Widow Waltz
Vilia
Of course there are more, but you get the idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment